- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- Heading south for another adventure. When the baggage handler loaded my bike, I was glad for the Ostrich tube covers that protect the frame. #amtrak #allroadbikeWhen an independent reviewer sets a Strava KOM riding our knobbies on pavement, you know they’re fast. Read the full story on the blog (link in bio). #compasstires #steilacoom@ciclipigozzi’s newest creation: ready to put the gravel of Italy’s Strade Bianche under its #compasstires. #repost #steelisreal
Top Posts & Pages
- A knobby faster than a road tire?
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
- Compass Swift Campout Photo Contest
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
- The Trouble with 'Road Tubeless'
- One of the 5 Fastest Tires in the World
- Which Hand for which Brake?
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- Tire Width: how much difference do a few millimeters make?
- Bottom Brackets Demystified
Tag Archives: cyclotouring
I learned about the history of Paris-Brest-Paris from the late Bernard Déon’s excellent book Paris-Brest et Retour (unfortunately out of print). Déon was a great storyteller, and I found his report from the epic 1956 particularly gripping. The main protagonist … Continue reading