- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- The latest Ti-Carbon dream bike from @fireflybicycles rolls on #compasstires. #repostOn the blog today: wide vs. narrow handlebars. Which ones you choose depends on many factors. (Link in bio.)The twilight climb to an unnamed 5000 ft pass was amazing. At the top, a gravel road beckoned... #bqinjapan #passhunting #mulebike
Top Posts & Pages
- Handlebars: Wide vs. Narrow
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
- The Trouble with "Road Tubeless"
- Why Handlebar Shapes Are Important
- Which Hand for which Brake?
- Handlebar Width
- Tire Width: how much difference do a few millimeters make?
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- Compass Introduces Quintuple Cranks
Tag Archives: cyclotouring
I learned about the history of Paris-Brest-Paris from the late Bernard Déon’s excellent book Paris-Brest et Retour (unfortunately out of print). Déon was a great storyteller, and I found his report from the epic 1956 particularly gripping. The main protagonist … Continue reading