- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- A knobby faster than a road tire?
- The Trouble with 'Road Tubeless'
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- Which Hand for which Brake?
- Bottom Brackets Demystified
- Tire Width: how much difference do a few millimeters make?
- Myth 5: An Upright Position is Always More Comfortable
- Why We Choose Steel Bikes
Category Archives: Uncategorized
All of us at Compass Cycles and Bicycle Quarterly wish you a Happy New Year and many great rides for 2018.
All of us at Compass Cycles and Bicycle Quarterly wish you Happy Holidays!
At Compass Cycles, we’ve been excited to see interest in our components grow all over the world. We now work with more than 500 bike shops, as well as a number of international distributors. However, some components are difficult for … Continue reading
Open made a video to introduce their facelifted U.P. wide-tire racing bike. They went for a beautiful ride in the Alsace Mountains of France, coincidentally the same region where the first post-war Concours de Machines was held in 1946. A … Continue reading
When Bridgestone USA closed in 1994, many mourned the loss of what they saw as the last bastion of sensible design in the quickly changing world of bicycles. They rejoiced when later that year, Bridgestone’s marketing manager Grant Petersen started … Continue reading
Allways pedal At Compass Cycles, we sell only parts that we want to ride on our own bikes. It’s important that we can rely on the components we use to carry us through all conditions, problem-free. This is why we … Continue reading
Compass is now offering two new leather handlebar tapes: one from Gilles Berthoud in France (above) and another from Maware in Japan. We’ve also restocked several popular items. Berthoud’s leather handlebar tape is made from a luxurious cowhide in seamless … Continue reading