- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- #Repost (@velosmith): Moots Routt RSL # Enve 4.5AR # Rene Herse 38mm Extralight#Repost (@ledmonton): Found the perfect gravel tires @reneherse Compass Steilacoom 700Cx38 Extralight - today rode them on mud / rocks / gravel / snow and road - they are grippy and comfortable. Thanks @211cycles#Repost (@brassworkscycles): Had fun building this one. Randonneur style bicycles give you a bit more to think about whilst building but the end result definitely pays off.
Top Posts & Pages
- Myth 12: Disc Brakes Work Better Than Rim Brakes
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- Ted King: Gravel Racing on Rene Herse Tires
- The Trouble with 'Road Tubeless'
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
- Which Hand for which Brake?
- Tire Width: how much difference do a few millimeters make?
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
- Myth 7: Tubeless Tires Roll Faster
- Why We Choose Steel Bikes
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Beautiful bikes, great roads, traditional Japanese inns: BQ editor Natsuko Hirose’s short clip takes you to the Izu Peninsula. It’s the first trip on her new all-road bike – a great opportunity to enjoy cyclotouring with friends. Enjoy this preview, then read … Continue reading
Recently, Enve put out a Consumer Safety Bulletin about their carbon wheels and tires made with natural fibers. The conclusion: “Tires using natural sidewall materials with an open tubular type construction are not fit for use with ENVE carbon rims.” Natural … Continue reading
We’re excited to release our new Rene Herse waterbottles. The bottles are based on the popular Purist bottles and feature the new Rene Herse logo. The new design is limited to 500 bottles. Available now for $ 10. We’re not suggesting … Continue reading
It’s official: Compass has become Rene Herse Cycles. It’s a big change, with a new name and new logo for a line of products that has a very strong following. Rest assured, our philosophy won’t change, and neither will our … Continue reading
SON generator hubs and other parts have been flying off the shelves lately. Some of it can be attributed to cyclists preparing their bikes for the upcoming Paris-Brest-Paris 1200 km brevet. More cyclists also realize that generator hubs provide peace … Continue reading
Today would have been Lyli Herse’s 91st birthday. And last Friday has been a year from her passing… … and the 111th birthday of her father, René Herse. They continue to inspire us in so many ways. Today, we just … Continue reading
We are looking forward to another great year! We wish all our readers joy, happiness and many great rides in 2019. See you on the road! —The BQ and Compass/Rene Herse team Photo credit: Ryan Francesconi