- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- The votes are in! @tlkista60’s evocative shot from the Via del Sale that criss-crosses the French-Italian border high in the Alps won the #swiftcompasscontest out of 484 entries. Congratulations, Giovanni! Enjoy your $200 gift certificate @compasscycle. We look forward to featuring your adventure in @bikequarterly! IBeautiful 650B randonneur bike from @patriktegner #repost #kaiseitubing #reneherse #compasstires #sonwidebody“My advice would be to skip a few sizes and fit a pair of these, if you can. They’re great!” Check out the full road.cc review via the blog (link in bio). #compasstires #switchbackhill
Top Posts & Pages
- Myth 12: Disc Brakes Work Better Than Rim Brakes
- Compass Photo Contest Winner
- Road.cc Reviews the Compass Switchback Hill
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
- Which Hand for which Brake?
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
- The Trouble with 'Road Tubeless'
- Tire Width: how much difference do a few millimeters make?
- Bottom Brackets Demystified
Category Archives: Uncategorized
The Compass Swift Campout photo contest has been a huge success with almost 500 entries! With so many amazing photos, it was impossible to select just 8 finalists, so we finally settled on 10. We selected photos that show different aspects … Continue reading
The Summer 2018 Bicycle Quarterly caps our 15th anniversary year, and so we’ve put together a very special issue. In our most epic adventure yet, we headed south to the incredible Copper Canyons of Mexico. The video above takes you … Continue reading
Some new products are much more popular than we anticipate. Even though we try to keep everything in stock at all times, production can take a while to catch up to the increased demand. Recently, that has affected a few … Continue reading
If you have visited the Compass Cycles web site in the last few days, you’ll have noticed that it has a new look. On the home page, you’ll see a slide show with the three parts of the Compass story. … Continue reading
Recently, The Pedaler interviewed me for the blog of Quoc Pham’s eponymous cycling shoe company. We chatted about the origins of allroad bikes, the inspiration of the mid-century randonneurs, and what makes Compass Cycles different from other companies. Click here to enjoy the … Continue reading
During the last week, Bicycle Quarterly and Compass Cycles have been mentioned in several news stories. The popular web site http://www.bikepacking.com featured an article about converting a 700C bike to 650B. They wrote: “The benefits are fairly obvious. Wider tires offer … Continue reading