- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- #Repost (@cyclosomatic): My first proper all-road ride on the new @reneherse Juniper Ridge 650b x 48mm tires was a complete success. For my first time on Gatineau Park trails this year, 60k of mostly dirt to Wakefield felt like the best way to crack the seal. The JRs truly do feel fine on pavement, and are totally in their element on the trails. I’m a big fan of their slightly ‘tall’, profile, which makes for a nice overall shape to the casing, and lots of protection from bottom-outs on rocks. Fast and stable, their tread blocks provide consistent grip without and hint of squirm. I think I’ll end up spending a lot of time on these this year! With 3/4 dudes on 650b, I think it’s fair to say this format is finally taking hold!Did you see the big interview with @iamtedking and the latest in his #GroadtoKanza series? On the blog today (link in bio). #gravelracing@crustbikes new fixed-gear break-away Lightning Bolt runs #renehersetires Juniper Ridge 650B x 48 dual-purpose knobbies. #allroadbike
Top Posts & Pages
- Myth 12: Disc Brakes Work Better Than Rim Brakes
- Ted King – Gentleman Gravel Racer
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- The Trouble with 'Road Tubeless'
- Which Hand for which Brake?
- New Tires: Hurricane Ridge and Endurance Casings
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
- Myth 7: Tubeless Tires Roll Faster
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
- TPI and Tire Performance
Category Archives: Uncategorized
2019 will be remembered as the year when gravel racing started to be on equal terms with the great races of Europe. When Pro Tour riders appear at the Belgian Waffle Ride, you know that it’s not just a local … Continue reading
At Rene Herse Cycles, we support the classics, in addition to pushing the envelope as we develop our modern parts. René Herse’s bikes were prized for their beauty and performance, and today, they continue to be treasured like few other … Continue reading
Today is Earth Day – a day to celebrate our planet and think about what each of us, in our daily lives, can do to protect it. As cyclists, we get to enjoy nature in immediate ways: As we pedal … Continue reading
In his latest video, Ted King takes us around his bike for Land Run 100 and explains why he chose the Rene Herse Snoqualmie Pass 44 mm all-road tires, rather than knobbies, for the race across the red dirt of … Continue reading
Gravel racing is one of the most exciting developments of cycling as a sport in recent years. It combines full-on racing with adventure and drama. Gravel races are a modern take on the roots of cycling, when racers were battling … Continue reading
In recent years, there has been a lot of technology transfer from motorcycles and cars to bicycles. Modern bikes finally have tubeless tires and disc brakes, both introduced in cars as early as the 1950s! Cyclists tend to be a … Continue reading
Beautiful bikes, great roads, traditional Japanese inns: BQ editor Natsuko Hirose’s short clip takes you to the Izu Peninsula. It’s the first trip on her new all-road bike – a great opportunity to enjoy cyclotouring with friends. Enjoy this preview, then read … Continue reading