- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- Heading south for another adventure. When the baggage handler loaded my bike, I was glad for the Ostrich tube covers that protect the frame. #amtrak #allroadbikeWhen an independent reviewer sets a Strava KOM riding our knobbies on pavement, you know they’re fast. Read the full story on the blog (link in bio). #compasstires #steilacoom@ciclipigozzi’s newest creation: ready to put the gravel of Italy’s Strade Bianche under its #compasstires. #repost #steelisreal
Top Posts & Pages
- A knobby faster than a road tire?
- One of the 5 Fastest Tires in the World
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- The Trouble with 'Road Tubeless'
- Which Hand for which Brake?
- Bottom Brackets Demystified
- Compass Swift Campout Photo Contest
- Tire Width: how much difference do a few millimeters make?
Category Archives: Rinko
When we introduced the idea of Rinko bikes to our readers and customers, there were some questions whether they could fit within the airline luggage requirements, or whether they’d have to pay oversize luggage fees. I’ve flown with Rinko bikes many times, and … Continue reading
Golden Week is one of the biggest vacation times in Japan. It’s a combination of one-day holidays that result in a little over a week of time off. And it’s springtime, so virtually every cyclist takes to the road. This year, we … Continue reading
Spring is coming to many places, and this weekend was filled with wonderful rides. Two of them were captured on video, and they inspire me as I plan upcoming outings on my bike. One is from the Rasputitsa Gravel Road Race in … Continue reading
Since our first visit to Japan last year, we’ve been fascinated by Rinko, the Japanese system of packing bikes for train travel. The Rinko system developed by the builders Alps and Hirose is especially elegant and results in the smallest possible package … Continue reading