- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- Transport stage done, now we head into the mountains. #wherethepavementends #goldenhour #allroadbikeHeading south once more, but not to Portland this time. Looking forward to adventure on the latest - and still secret - #bqtestbikes. #allroadbikeAnother beauty from @victoirecycles rolling on #compasstires. It’s owner says it’s like riding on a cloud. #Repost #allroadbike
Top Posts & Pages
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- The Trouble with 'Road Tubeless'
- Myth 12: Disc Brakes Work Better Than Rim Brakes
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
- Which Hand for which Brake?
- Myth 7: Tubeless Tires Roll Faster
- Why We Choose Steel Bikes
- BQ Skills: Ghost Riding
- Tire Width: how much difference do a few millimeters make?
Category Archives: Rinko
When we introduced the idea of Rinko bikes to our readers and customers, there were some questions whether they could fit within the airline luggage requirements, or whether they’d have to pay oversize luggage fees. I’ve flown with Rinko bikes many times, and … Continue reading
Golden Week is one of the biggest vacation times in Japan. It’s a combination of one-day holidays that result in a little over a week of time off. And it’s springtime, so virtually every cyclist takes to the road. This year, we … Continue reading
Spring is coming to many places, and this weekend was filled with wonderful rides. Two of them were captured on video, and they inspire me as I plan upcoming outings on my bike. One is from the Rasputitsa Gravel Road Race in … Continue reading
Since our first visit to Japan last year, we’ve been fascinated by Rinko, the Japanese system of packing bikes for train travel. The Rinko system developed by the builders Alps and Hirose is especially elegant and results in the smallest possible package … Continue reading