- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- Rain and unforeseen obstacles didn’t diminish the fun during this challengeing solo ride across Yabitsu Pass. Full story on the blog (link jn bio). #bqinjapan #mulebikeStylin’ rando machine from @gallusdude features #compasstaillight, #renehersebrakes and #compasstires. #repost#Repost (@gutehall): Time to roll out. #compasstires
Top Posts & Pages
- Yabitsu Pass in the Rain
- Which Hand for which Brake?
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
- The Trouble with 'Road Tubeless'
- Tire Width: how much difference do a few millimeters make?
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- Why We Choose Steel Bikes
- Bottom Brackets Demystified
- Myth 9: Fork Blades Don't Flex
Category Archives: Rides
During my recent trip to Japan, I found myself with a free day in Tokyo. With no time to plan, I decided to head to Yabitsu Pass. Yabitsu Pass is popular with cyclists, because it’s close to the capital, and … Continue reading
Last weekend, we headed to Jikkoku Pass to work on the old road that has featured in several Bicycle Quarterly adventures. Tokyo’s Yama Sai Ken, or Mountain Cycling Club, has ‘adopted’ the road and goes there twice a year to maintain it. … Continue reading
At Compass Cycles, we are excited to sponsor the 2018 Swift Campout, a global call to go bike camping. On the weekend of the summer solstice (June 23 & 24), take your bike on an overnight trip – alone, with friends, … Continue reading
In this guest post, Bicycle Quarterly editor Natsuko Hirose takes you on a cyclotouring reunion in Hokkaido, Japan’s northernmost island. Translated from Natsuko’s blog Touge to Onsen: I like bicycles and cyclotouring, but I especially like traveling. When I think … Continue reading
To put our Caletti Monstercross test bike through its paces, we took it passhunting in the middle of winter. Watch the video for a sneak preview, and enjoy the full adventure and bike test in the Spring 2018 Bicycle Quarterly. … Continue reading
Lyli Herse would have turned 90 years old today (January 6) – and this post was written to celebrate her life that has inspired so many of us. But alas, I have to report instead that Lyli died on Thursday … Continue reading
This autumn, Andrew Mathias rode around the entire coastline of Britain in one setting. Many of us followed his beautiful journey on Instagram. Now I had the opportunity to interview Andrew about his epic journey. JH: Congratulations on riding around … Continue reading