- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- #Repost (@velosmith): Moots Routt RSL # Enve 4.5AR # Rene Herse 38mm Extralight#Repost (@ledmonton): Found the perfect gravel tires @reneherse Compass Steilacoom 700Cx38 Extralight - today rode them on mud / rocks / gravel / snow and road - they are grippy and comfortable. Thanks @211cycles#Repost (@brassworkscycles): Had fun building this one. Randonneur style bicycles give you a bit more to think about whilst building but the end result definitely pays off.
Top Posts & Pages
- Myth 12: Disc Brakes Work Better Than Rim Brakes
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- Ted King: Gravel Racing on Rene Herse Tires
- The Trouble with 'Road Tubeless'
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
- Which Hand for which Brake?
- Tire Width: how much difference do a few millimeters make?
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
- Myth 7: Tubeless Tires Roll Faster
- Why We Choose Steel Bikes
Category Archives: Rides
The first rides of the new year are very special to me. Getting out of the city, breathing the cold mountain air, and feeling my body get in unison with the bike again – those are sensations that I’ve been … Continue reading
As 2018 comes to a close, it’s fun to look back on the great rides we’ve done. For me, it’s been a wonderful year full of exciting adventures. It started with the annual New Year’s Cycling of Tokyo’s Yama Saiken (Mountain Cycling … Continue reading
The 2018 Bicycle Quarterly Un-Meeting brought together a great crew of old and new friends. We want to thank all for making this a great weekend! On Saturday morning, about 60 riders met at the Seattle Ferry Terminal to catch the … Continue reading
After last weekend’s ‘pre-ride,’ we’ve finalized the routes for the Bicycle Quarterly Un-Meeting. What is the Un-Meeting? It’s simply a great weekend of riding off the beaten path: Everybody is welcome to join us. We publish a time and a destination. … Continue reading
With the Bicycle Quarterly Un-Meeting approaching – Sept. 8 and 9 – I wanted to double-check the course. I had never ridden the new route out of Bremerton that by-passes the busy highway. And in the Tahuya Hills, landslides and … Continue reading
The Bicycle Quarterly Un-Meeting is just a month away! The Un-Meeting is our annual get-together with those who share our joy of riding off the beaten path. It’s not an organized event – we just publish a date and time, and … Continue reading