- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- #Repost (@cyclocarbon): Despite a snowy course, a full 7 out of the top 10 were on #compasstires at last weekend’s #dickiescramble 80-mile gravel race - here the winner’s bike. #youdontneedknobsWith the laces of the @gillesberthoud panniers adjusted for max. volume, the #mulebike gets quite wide! Still rides great no-hands, though. #bqinjapan #touringbikeLast weekend at @veloberlin: Beautiful bike by @meerglas in the booth of @dailybreadcycles, German distributor of @compasscycle. #handmadeinberlin
Top Posts & Pages
- Handlebars: Wide vs. Narrow
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
- The Trouble with "Road Tubeless"
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
- Which Hand for which Brake?
- Tire Width: how much difference do a few millimeters make?
- Bottom Brackets Demystified
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- The Downsides of Wide Tires
- TPI and Tire Performance
Category Archives: Product News
We are excited about a number of new products that are now available. They have been in development for a while, and we think they were worth the wait! We really like the SON Delux “Wide-Body” generator hubs. The wider … Continue reading
If there is one single topic that summarizes Bicycle Quarterly, it is the search for the best solutions. The Summer 2012 issue focuses on the “ultimate” bicycles. Note the plural form: There seem to be as many “ultimate” bikes as … Continue reading
The first production run of the new René Herse cranks has sold out. Reports from users have been very positive. The cranks work well with current 10-speed drivetrains, as well as classic setups with 5-9 cogs in the rear. The … Continue reading
Grand Bois recently introduced their new high-flange cassette hubs. They combine classic appearance with modern performance. The aesthetics of the new Grand Bois hubs are inspired by the classic Maxi-Car hubs. Like the originals, they feature large flanges and red … Continue reading
When the owner of a bicycle magazine also runs a company that develops and sells bicycle components, the words “conflict of interest” inevitably come up. Does Bicycle Quarterly only like products that Compass Bicycles sells, and disparages those of other … Continue reading
The Grand Bois M-13 racks now come in two versions: One for bikes with narrow clearances (usually for 700C tires) and one for bikes with wider clearances. With this choice of two racks, it becomes much easier to fit your … Continue reading