- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- Few companies offer triples any longer. We do, because custom gearing makes cycling much more enjoyable - and sometimes, a triple is the best choice! #repost @stanforthbikes #renehersecrank#Repost (@dirtyriverbikes): Some awesome rippers from @reneherse. #juniperridge #allroadbikeWhat does a top gravel racer ride? Ted King’s short video takes you around his bike for @landrun100 (on the blog; link in bio). #allroadbike #renehersetires #berthoudsaddle #gravelracing
Top Posts & Pages
- Myth 12: Disc Brakes Work Better Than Rim Brakes
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- Ted King's Bike for Land Run 100
- Which Hand for which Brake?
- The Trouble with 'Road Tubeless'
- UD Racks: a modular system for canti and disc bikes
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
- Handlebars: Wide vs. Narrow
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
- Bottom Brackets Demystified
Category Archives: Tires
This used to be one of the first things you learned as a cyclist: If you want to go fast, make sure your tires are pumped up to the maximum pressure. The harder your tires are inflated, the faster they … Continue reading
Winter riding is fun. The crisp air, the clear skies and the beautiful views. Getting out and breathing fresh air. There are many reasons to enjoy it. Winter riding requires preparation. The most obvious is clothing – which we’ll leave … Continue reading
How wide a tire can I fit on my bike? It’s a common question, and yet it’s difficult to figure out, especially when you plan to change wheel sizes. Hahn Rossman has developed a simple tire fit gauge that allows … Continue reading
One of the benefits of wide tires is that they run at lower pressures. Yet the supple casings of our Compass tires require higher pressure to corner well and not bottom out on big bumps. Doesn’t the higher pressure negate … Continue reading
Wouldn’t it be awesome if you could buy a complete bike that is already equipped with Compass tires? Take a bike like the Masi Speciale Randonneur (above), roll out of the bike shop and into the hills, your tires gently … Continue reading
We are excited about a number of new products. MKS has reworked their popular Sylvan pedals with silky smooth cartridge bearings. Now called the Sylvan Next, we’ve carried the Touring version for a while. New in the program is the … Continue reading