- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- Can you build an #allroadbike around our Antelope Hill 700C x 55 tires? The @crustbikes Nor’Easter answers that question! #repost 📷@hopecyclery #compasstiresOver in Norway, @nfekjar runs #compasstires Steilacoom dual-purpose knobbied on his @ibiscycles #hakkalügidisc. Looks like fun! #repostStunning as always - both @jpweigle’s bike and @hopecyclery’s photography. If you missed this and the other awesome bikes at the #phillybikeexpo, head over to @theradavist to see more! #repost #renehersecrank #compasstires #compasshandlebars
Top Posts & Pages
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- The Trouble with 'Road Tubeless'
- Myth 12: Disc Brakes Work Better Than Rim Brakes
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
- Which Hand for which Brake?
- New Curved Stays and OS Bottom Bracket Shells
- Making Strong and Durable Wheels
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
- Why We Choose Steel Bikes
- Myth 5: An Upright Position is Always More Comfortable
Category Archives: Tires
We are proud to introduce our biggest tire yet, the much-anticipated 700C x 55 mm Antelope Hill. The new tires have arrived with the latest shipment and are now in stock. Antelope Hill is the unofficial name of the last … Continue reading
In the 15 years of Bicycle Quarterly, one of our discoveries has been that testing bicycle performance isn’t easy, and that taking shortcuts often has led to erroneous conclusions. Carefully designed tests that replicate what happens when real cyclists ride … Continue reading
When tubeless tires first became popular on mountain bikes, it was their resistance to pinch flats (above) that made them popular. Off-road, there are few nails or broken bottles that can cause punctures (and even those usually will be pushed … Continue reading
From time to time, a customer will ask us: “How are Compass tires different from Panaracers?” It’s no secret that Panaracer makes our tires – we benefit from the research and technology of one of the best tire makers in … Continue reading
To celebrate 15 years of Bicycle Quarterly, we are examining 12 myths in cycling – things that we (and most others) used to believe, but which we have found to be not true. Today, let’s look at tire tread. “Bicycles don’t … Continue reading
Recently, the German magazine TOUR published a table showing the ‘five fastest tires in the world.’ We are excited to see our Compass Bon Jon Pass 700C x 35 mm tires on this list, in the company of the fastest … Continue reading