- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- #Repost (@cyclosomatic): My first proper all-road ride on the new @reneherse Juniper Ridge 650b x 48mm tires was a complete success. For my first time on Gatineau Park trails this year, 60k of mostly dirt to Wakefield felt like the best way to crack the seal. The JRs truly do feel fine on pavement, and are totally in their element on the trails. I’m a big fan of their slightly ‘tall’, profile, which makes for a nice overall shape to the casing, and lots of protection from bottom-outs on rocks. Fast and stable, their tread blocks provide consistent grip without and hint of squirm. I think I’ll end up spending a lot of time on these this year! With 3/4 dudes on 650b, I think it’s fair to say this format is finally taking hold!Did you see the big interview with @iamtedking and the latest in his #GroadtoKanza series? On the blog today (link in bio). #gravelracing@crustbikes new fixed-gear break-away Lightning Bolt runs #renehersetires Juniper Ridge 650B x 48 dual-purpose knobbies. #allroadbike
Top Posts & Pages
- Myth 12: Disc Brakes Work Better Than Rim Brakes
- Ted King – Gentleman Gravel Racer
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- The Trouble with 'Road Tubeless'
- Which Hand for which Brake?
- New Tires: Hurricane Ridge and Endurance Casings
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
- Myth 7: Tubeless Tires Roll Faster
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
- TPI and Tire Performance
Category Archives: Tires
Working with Ted King, winner of last year’s Dirty Kanza gravel race, has added a new perspective to our R&D. We’ve got a lot of experience riding gravel, even racing it, but today’s mass-start races aren’t the same as exploring … Continue reading
Like many cyclists, we love climbs, but we live for twisty downhills. The feeling of the bike leaning deep into a turn is something that is hard to explain, yet easy to enjoy. This video clip was taken on a … Continue reading
When Ted King recently won the Epic 150 gravel race in Missouri on our Rene Herse Steilacoom tires, many were surprised that he ran knobbies on a fast course. But there were a few muddy corners where the knobs would … Continue reading
Note: The previous version of this post referred only to our study about road and all-road bikes. We erroneously extrapolated our study to mountain bikes. We should have known better – we usually don’t publish data that we haven’t validated in … Continue reading
Safety advice: Rene Herse tires are designed for rims that meet the ETRTO standard, specifically: G height: 5.2 – 6.5 mm Sidewalls with hooks. Rims that do not meet the current standards – especially hookless rims and rims with sidewalls … Continue reading
The Juniper Ridge 650B x 48 mm dual-purpose knobbies have arrived. Unlike any other all-road tire, they combine excellent speed and cornering grip on pavement with unrivaled traction in mud and snow. At 450 g (Extralight) and 510 g (Standard), … Continue reading