- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- When we tested this Tournesol way back in 2006 for @bikequarterly, we titled the article “Road Bike of the Future” and coined the term ‘Allroad Bike’ for road bikes with wide tires. Little did we know that this would become a movement that is changing cycling as we know it. Read the full story on the blog (link in bio). #650B #allroadbike@iamtedking has been testing #compasstires. Even a #dirtykanza and #grinduro winner can use a little extra speed and comfort. #repost #coastride #renehersetires#Repost (@donalrey): #26aintdead, that’s for sure // #renehersetires #rattrappass
Top Posts & Pages
- All-Road Bikes are the Road Bikes of the Future
- Myth 12: Disc Brakes Work Better Than Rim Brakes
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
- The Trouble with 'Road Tubeless'
- Handlebars: Wide vs. Narrow
- Bon Jon Pass Review: "An Exceptional Tyre"
- Why We Choose Steel Bikes
- Myth 2: Titanium is Lighter than Steel
- Which Hand for which Brake?
Category Archives: Tires
All-road bikes with wide tires are the hottest trend in cycling. There is a level of excitement that we haven’t seen since the mountain bike boom of the late 1980s: These new bikes bring new people into the sport, who … Continue reading
“An exceptional tyre that will make you faster and happier.” That was the verdict when the British web site http://www.road.cc tested our Bon Jon Pass tires recently. When we hear positive feedback, whether it’s from a professional tester or a customer, … Continue reading
This used to be one of the first things you learned as a cyclist: If you want to go fast, make sure your tires are pumped up to the maximum pressure. The harder your tires are inflated, the faster they … Continue reading
Winter riding is fun. The crisp air, the clear skies and the beautiful views. Getting out and breathing fresh air. There are many reasons to enjoy it. Winter riding requires preparation. The most obvious is clothing – which we’ll leave … Continue reading
How wide a tire can I fit on my bike? It’s a common question, and yet it’s difficult to figure out, especially when you plan to change wheel sizes. Hahn Rossman has developed a simple tire fit gauge that allows … Continue reading
One of the benefits of wide tires is that they run at lower pressures. Yet the supple casings of our Compass tires require higher pressure to corner well and not bottom out on big bumps. Doesn’t the higher pressure negate … Continue reading