- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- Portland - city of bridges.Heading south for another adventure. When the baggage handler loaded my bike, I was glad for the Ostrich tube covers that protect the frame. #amtrak #allroadbikeWhen an independent reviewer sets a Strava KOM riding our knobbies on pavement, you know they’re fast. Read the full story on the blog (link in bio). #compasstires #steilacoom
Top Posts & Pages
- A knobby faster than a road tire?
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
- Which Hand for which Brake?
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- The Trouble with 'Road Tubeless'
- Tire Width: how much difference do a few millimeters make?
- Bottom Brackets Demystified
- One of the 5 Fastest Tires in the World
- Why We Choose Steel Bikes
Category Archives: Stems
Spacers with a flat surface on the inner diameter can help prevent your headset from loosening. Just to clarify: If your headset stays put as it is, then don’t change it! It’s just that my headsets kept loosening on two different bikes, … Continue reading
Compass is proud to introduce what we consider the ultimate decaleur. Combining the ideas of René Herse and H. Hirose with Nitto’s craftsmanship, the new Compass decaleurs are strong, light, beautiful and reliable. Here is why decaleurs are important: We love handlebar … Continue reading
Once upon a time, most stems had quills that inserted into the steerer tube. The stems were made from forged aluminum. Cinelli, 3TTT and others offered them. They were attractive and relatively lightweight, and stem failures were unheard of. Many … Continue reading
A decaleur is a quick release for a handlebar bag. It attaches the bag securely while keeping it offset from the bars so there’s room for your hands on the handlebars. (The French “decaler” means “to offset” or “to move … Continue reading
Compass Bicycles now offers Grand Bois’ decaleur for classic aluminum stems. A decaleur is a small bracket mounted near the handlebars to secure the handlebar bag (the front rack holds the handlebar bag’s weight). A decaleur system has two parts: … Continue reading
Inserting a handlebar into a classic stem requires a few simple tricks. Grand Bois stems are based on classic stems, and are not equipped with removable faceplates that can make installation easier. Classic stems have a number of advantages that … Continue reading