- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- Excited about the new Japanese book on one of the most fascinating derailleur makers; Huret. Available as a one-time order until April 29. More info on the blog (link in bio).#Repost (@gregozaurus): DUE NORTH - KIT LIST Our #compasstires helped us roll on the French backcountry roads. I was running a pair of Chinook Pass 700Cx28 Extralight (the actual size is more 30mm) and what surprises me the most is how low pressure you can ride these without losing efficiency. Definitely a key element of my setup since Ii’m running a stiff frame. After roughly 1600km, the front doesn’t show any sign of wear and the rear’s is barely noticeable. Only one flat during the whole trip on heavy gravel with a lot’s of sharp stones, so I would definitely recommend them if you can afford the cost. ___ #211 #211cycles #duenorth #compass #chinook #tires #cafeducycliste_style #cafeducycliste #bike #cycling #supple #supplelifeAnother beauty from @abovecategory: Our #compasstires are the perfect complement to @opencycle’s no-compromise spec. #repost
Top Posts & Pages
- Derailleurs of the World: Huret
- Working on the Old Road to Jikkoku Pass
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- The Trouble with "Road Tubeless"
- Which Hand for which Brake?
- Tire Width: how much difference do a few millimeters make?
- Tires: How Wide is too Wide?
- Myth 8: Modern Components are Lighter
Category Archives: Stems
Spacers with a flat surface on the inner diameter can help prevent your headset from loosening. Just to clarify: If your headset stays put as it is, then don’t change it! It’s just that my headsets kept loosening on two different bikes, … Continue reading
Compass is proud to introduce what we consider the ultimate decaleur. Combining the ideas of René Herse and H. Hirose with Nitto’s craftsmanship, the new Compass decaleurs are strong, light, beautiful and reliable. Here is why decaleurs are important: We love handlebar … Continue reading
Once upon a time, most stems had quills that inserted into the steerer tube. The stems were made from forged aluminum. Cinelli, 3TTT and others offered them. They were attractive and relatively lightweight, and stem failures were unheard of. Many … Continue reading
A decaleur is a quick release for a handlebar bag. It attaches the bag securely while keeping it offset from the bars so there’s room for your hands on the handlebars. (The French “decaler” means “to offset” or “to move … Continue reading
Compass Bicycles now offers Grand Bois’ decaleur for classic aluminum stems. A decaleur is a small bracket mounted near the handlebars to secure the handlebar bag (the front rack holds the handlebar bag’s weight). A decaleur system has two parts: … Continue reading
Inserting a handlebar into a classic stem requires a few simple tricks. Grand Bois stems are based on classic stems, and are not equipped with removable faceplates that can make installation easier. Classic stems have a number of advantages that … Continue reading