- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- When we tested this Tournesol way back in 2006 for @bikequarterly, we titled the article “Road Bike of the Future” and coined the term ‘Allroad Bike’ for road bikes with wide tires. Little did we know that this would become a movement that is changing cycling as we know it. Read the full story on the blog (link in bio). #650B #allroadbike@iamtedking has been testing #compasstires. Even a #dirtykanza and #grinduro winner can use a little extra speed and comfort. #repost #coastride #renehersetires#Repost (@donalrey): #26aintdead, that’s for sure // #renehersetires #rattrappass
Top Posts & Pages
- All-Road Bikes are the Road Bikes of the Future
- Myth 12: Disc Brakes Work Better Than Rim Brakes
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
- The Trouble with 'Road Tubeless'
- Handlebars: Wide vs. Narrow
- Bon Jon Pass Review: "An Exceptional Tyre"
- Why We Choose Steel Bikes
- Myth 2: Titanium is Lighter than Steel
- Which Hand for which Brake?
Category Archives: Saddles
Compass Cycles is the exclusive North American distributor for Gilles Berthoud. We are especially excited about their saddles, which combine amazing comfort with modern design and superior durability. All Berthoud saddle tops are cut in the grain direction of the … Continue reading
We just received our first shipment of Gilles Berthoud “Open” saddles. In the past, I’ve tried many saddles with cutouts, but none were comfortable. While they relieved pressure in the center, the sharp edges of the opening were uncomfortable. So … Continue reading
Berthoud saddles are among the most comfortable in the world. What’s even better, they are fully and easily rebuildable. Every part for the saddles is available from Compass Cycles, and you can replace all parts using standard tools. Berthoud saddles … Continue reading