- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- #Repost (@velosmith): Moots Routt RSL # Enve 4.5AR # Rene Herse 38mm Extralight#Repost (@ledmonton): Found the perfect gravel tires @reneherse Compass Steilacoom 700Cx38 Extralight - today rode them on mud / rocks / gravel / snow and road - they are grippy and comfortable. Thanks @211cycles#Repost (@brassworkscycles): Had fun building this one. Randonneur style bicycles give you a bit more to think about whilst building but the end result definitely pays off.
Top Posts & Pages
- Myth 12: Disc Brakes Work Better Than Rim Brakes
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- Ted King: Gravel Racing on Rene Herse Tires
- The Trouble with 'Road Tubeless'
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
- Which Hand for which Brake?
- Tire Width: how much difference do a few millimeters make?
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
- Myth 7: Tubeless Tires Roll Faster
- Why We Choose Steel Bikes
Category Archives: Racks/Bags
How do you make an ultralight bag? That was the first question when the Concours de Machines announced that the weight of the bikes included the bag. Peter Weigle worked very hard to get his fully equipped bike down to … Continue reading
We are excited to add a few great products from Gilles Berthoud to the Compass program. The Small Universal Bag (above) is really neat: It holds a lightweight rain jacket, wallet, inner tube and a few other things. It’s incredibly … Continue reading
Bikepacking is popular because it allows you to go places where bikes with panniers face difficulties. Bikepacking bags are inside the outline of the bike, so you can go anywhere an “empty” bike can go. Pushing the bike is easier, too, when … Continue reading
We’ve been fans of Gilles Berthoud saddles and bags for many years. Above is Theo’s bike with Berthoud GB28 bag and Aspin saddle. These parts have been incredibly durable: I still use the very first Berthoud handlebar bag that he bought 17 … Continue reading
Compass is proud to introduce what we consider the ultimate decaleur. Combining the ideas of René Herse and H. Hirose with Nitto’s craftsmanship, the new Compass decaleurs are strong, light, beautiful and reliable. Here is why decaleurs are important: We love handlebar … Continue reading
The new Compass UD-1 front rack is a “universal” rack intended for bikes where our other racks don’t fit. It’s an especially good choice for bikes with disc brakes. Like all our racks, it is made by Nitto in Japan to … Continue reading