- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- #Repost (@cyclocarbon): Despite a snowy course, a full 7 out of the top 10 were on #compasstires at last weekend’s #dickiescramble 80-mile gravel race - here the winner’s bike. #youdontneedknobsWith the laces of the @gillesberthoud panniers adjusted for max. volume, the #mulebike gets quite wide! Still rides great no-hands, though. #bqinjapan #touringbikeLast weekend at @veloberlin: Beautiful bike by @meerglas in the booth of @dailybreadcycles, German distributor of @compasscycle. #handmadeinberlin
Top Posts & Pages
- Handlebars: Wide vs. Narrow
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
- The Trouble with "Road Tubeless"
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
- Which Hand for which Brake?
- Tire Width: how much difference do a few millimeters make?
- Bottom Brackets Demystified
- The Downsides of Wide Tires
- TPI and Tire Performance
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
Category Archives: Components
Recently, the German magazine TOUR published a table showing the ‘five fastest tires in the world.’ We are excited to see our Compass Bon Jon Pass 700C x 35 mm tires on this list, in the company of the fastest … Continue reading
In part 2 of our series ’12 Myths in Cycling,’ we’ll look at why titanium isn’t always lighter than steel. I can hear you saying, “What? Everybody knows that titanium has half the density of steel.” That much is true: The … Continue reading
When we started to publish Bicycle Quarterly 15 years ago, it seemed that most of the technical aspects of bicycles were well-established. And yet, as we tested many different bikes, we started to question many of the things we had … Continue reading
At Compass Cycles, we have taken much of our inspiration from René Herse and his legendary bikes. In the past, we’ve talked about the great performance and incredible reliability of Herse’s bikes, but what is even more striking is their … Continue reading
We are excited to announce the latest SON generator hubs. The biggest news is the connector-less SL system for thru-axle hubs: Now you can remove your front wheel and its generator hub without having to disconnect any wires, even with … Continue reading
At Compass, we design our components over thousands of miles on the (often rough) roads we ride, so we have full confidence that others will enjoy them as much as we do. Still, we were pleasantly surprised when the world’s … Continue reading
Our new water bottles celebrate the Compass and René Herse logos with a bold new design. The bottles are based on Specialized’s popular 26 oz. Purist design, with our custom graphics. In addition to the iconic logos, the bottles feature a … Continue reading