- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- #Repost (@cyclocarbon): Despite a snowy course, a full 7 out of the top 10 were on #compasstires at last weekend’s #dickiescramble 80-mile gravel race - here the winner’s bike. #youdontneedknobsWith the laces of the @gillesberthoud panniers adjusted for max. volume, the #mulebike gets quite wide! Still rides great no-hands, though. #bqinjapan #touringbikeLast weekend at @veloberlin: Beautiful bike by @meerglas in the booth of @dailybreadcycles, German distributor of @compasscycle. #handmadeinberlin
Top Posts & Pages
- Handlebars: Wide vs. Narrow
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
- The Trouble with "Road Tubeless"
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
- Which Hand for which Brake?
- Tire Width: how much difference do a few millimeters make?
- Bottom Brackets Demystified
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- The Downsides of Wide Tires
- TPI and Tire Performance
Category Archives: hubs/rims
We are excited to announce the latest SON generator hubs. The biggest news is the connector-less SL system for thru-axle hubs: Now you can remove your front wheel and its generator hub without having to disconnect any wires, even with … Continue reading
When building a bike, one important decision concerns the wheels. How do you get the best performance and still make your wheels strong enough to withstand 20,000+ miles of riding on rough roads without needing service? By now, most cyclists know … Continue reading
Grand Bois has re-designed their rims, so that they offer proper fit and support for tires. The new rims provide a great alternative for riders who don’t plan to run their tires tubeless, since they make tire installation easier and … Continue reading
Compass Bicycles now offers the Grand Bois freewheel hubs for 120 mm rear spacing, with 5- and 6-speed cassettes. That’s good news for those of you with older bikes that you want to ride more often. There are many wonderful … Continue reading
Sometimes we get a call or an e-mail from a frustrated customer: “I have a brand-new set of your tires, and both wobble when I mount them on my rims.” In most cases, it is not the tires’ fault. Usually … Continue reading
At Compass Bicycles, we are not obsessive gram counters, but none of us want to carry extra weight on our bikes. A few grams here and there add up quickly to a couple of pounds, and that can make a … Continue reading
Grand Bois recently introduced their new high-flange cassette hubs. They combine classic appearance with modern performance. The aesthetics of the new Grand Bois hubs are inspired by the classic Maxi-Car hubs. Like the originals, they feature large flanges and red … Continue reading