- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- Heading south for another adventure. When the baggage handler loaded my bike, I was glad for the Ostrich tube covers that protect the frame. #amtrak #allroadbikeWhen an independent reviewer sets a Strava KOM riding our knobbies on pavement, you know they’re fast. Read the full story on the blog (link in bio). #compasstires #steilacoom@ciclipigozzi’s newest creation: ready to put the gravel of Italy’s Strade Bianche under its #compasstires. #repost #steelisreal
Top Posts & Pages
- A knobby faster than a road tire?
- One of the 5 Fastest Tires in the World
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- The Trouble with 'Road Tubeless'
- Which Hand for which Brake?
- Bottom Brackets Demystified
- Compass Swift Campout Photo Contest
- Tire Width: how much difference do a few millimeters make?
Category Archives: hubs/rims
We are excited to announce the latest SON generator hubs. The biggest news is the connector-less SL system for thru-axle hubs: Now you can remove your front wheel and its generator hub without having to disconnect any wires, even with … Continue reading
When building a bike, one important decision concerns the wheels. How do you get the best performance and still make your wheels strong enough to withstand 20,000+ miles of riding on rough roads without needing service? By now, most cyclists know … Continue reading
Grand Bois has re-designed their rims, so that they offer proper fit and support for tires. The new rims provide a great alternative for riders who don’t plan to run their tires tubeless, since they make tire installation easier and … Continue reading
Compass Bicycles now offers the Grand Bois freewheel hubs for 120 mm rear spacing, with 5- and 6-speed cassettes. That’s good news for those of you with older bikes that you want to ride more often. There are many wonderful … Continue reading
Sometimes we get a call or an e-mail from a frustrated customer: “I have a brand-new set of your tires, and both wobble when I mount them on my rims.” In most cases, it is not the tires’ fault. Usually … Continue reading
At Compass Bicycles, we are not obsessive gram counters, but none of us want to carry extra weight on our bikes. A few grams here and there add up quickly to a couple of pounds, and that can make a … Continue reading
Grand Bois recently introduced their new high-flange cassette hubs. They combine classic appearance with modern performance. The aesthetics of the new Grand Bois hubs are inspired by the classic Maxi-Car hubs. Like the originals, they feature large flanges and red … Continue reading