- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- Last weekend at @veloberlin: Beautiful bike by @meerglas in the booth of @dailybreadcycles, German distributor of @compasscycle. #handmadeinberlinThe latest Ti-Carbon dream bike from @fireflybicycles rolls on #compasstires. #repostOn the blog today: wide vs. narrow handlebars. Which ones you choose depends on many factors. (Link in bio.)
Top Posts & Pages
- Handlebars: Wide vs. Narrow
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
- The Trouble with "Road Tubeless"
- Why Handlebar Shapes Are Important
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- Which Hand for which Brake?
- Tire Width: how much difference do a few millimeters make?
- Compass Introduces Quintuple Cranks
- Handlebar Width
Category Archives: Brakes
Straddle cables provide a light and elegant way of transferring the brake force: Every cable-actuated rim brake needs to transmit the force of the single brake cable onto two brake pads that squeeze the rim. In recent years, straddle cables been replaced by … Continue reading
For our Compass centerpull brakes, we started with a design that had proven itself in decades of hard use: the Mafac Raid brakes. In fact, we had logged tens of thousands of miles on our own bikes with these brakes. … Continue reading
One of the most confounding questions in cycling is this: Which hand should control which brake? In the U.S., the law requires that all bikes are sold with the left hand controlling the front brake, and the right hand the … Continue reading
The new Compass centerpull brakes have been very well received. Numerous builders have asked for the complete specifications for the brakes, since many riders plan to use them on their new bikes. We sold so many of the centerpull braze-ons … Continue reading
We received the last parts for our centerpull brakes, test-assembled them, wrote the instructions, and now they are ready to ship. Click here to read more about the advantage of centerpull brakes. There are a lot of parts to a … Continue reading
When we started Compass Bicycles, we dreamed of a new centerpull brake. We started developing and testing right away, but it has taken a few years for that work is coming to fruition. We just received the first production samples! … Continue reading
Big components like cranks and derailleurs usually steal the show, but the performance and beauty of a bike depends also on many smaller components. At Compass Bicycles, we recently added three of them to our line. Numerous customers asked whether … Continue reading