- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- Head over to @bikequarterly to win a copy of the current Bicycle Quarterly for yourself and a friend! #bqgiveawayRoar into the weekend like @simonkirscher on his Rene Herse 700C x 38 Steilacoom dual-purpose knobbies. #repost #allroadbike #renehersetires#Repost (@keving_63): Mixed surface ride today. The @seven_cycles Evergreen SL and its #renehersetires take it all in its stride. #allroadbike
Top Posts & Pages
- Myth 12: Disc Brakes Work Better Than Rim Brakes
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- The Trouble with 'Road Tubeless'
- Welcome to Rene Herse Cycles!
- Why We Choose Steel Bikes
- Tire Width: how much difference do a few millimeters make?
- Handlebars: Wide vs. Narrow
- Which Hand for which Brake?
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
Category Archives: Clothing
Our knickers are back in stock. They are sewn right here in Seattle in small batches, which can make it difficult to keep them in stock. Now all sizes are back. Inspired by the clothes worn by the stylish Japanese … Continue reading
At Compass Cycles, we try to keep our entire program in stock all the time, but some items are so popular that it can be difficult to keep up. Our cyclotouring knickers continue to be one of our best-sellers, as … Continue reading
Now that it’s officially autumn in the northern hemisphere, the temperatures are getting colder, the days are shorter, and there’s often a chance of rain in the forecast. For me, that makes riding my bike all the more important. I … Continue reading
I really like our cyclotouring knickers. They are based on a design I discovered in Japan. The ones we offer are a development from that, a little lighter and even better for spirited riding. I’ve been wearing mine on almost every … Continue reading
I’ve long championed wool as a great material for cycling clothes, so some riders were surprised that our Compass knickers are made from synthetics. Why didn’t we choose wool, or some other natural material? We chose the fabric after careful … Continue reading
The Compass knickers have been our most popular product ever. The gray color sold out within days, and the tan ones weren’t far behind! Our local supplier worked overtime, and we now have the second batch of gray knickers in … Continue reading