- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- #Repost (@cyclocarbon): Despite a snowy course, a full 7 out of the top 10 were on #compasstires at last weekend’s #dickiescramble 80-mile gravel race - here the winner’s bike. #youdontneedknobsWith the laces of the @gillesberthoud panniers adjusted for max. volume, the #mulebike gets quite wide! Still rides great no-hands, though. #bqinjapan #touringbikeLast weekend at @veloberlin: Beautiful bike by @meerglas in the booth of @dailybreadcycles, German distributor of @compasscycle. #handmadeinberlin
Top Posts & Pages
- Handlebars: Wide vs. Narrow
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
- The Trouble with "Road Tubeless"
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
- Which Hand for which Brake?
- Tire Width: how much difference do a few millimeters make?
- Bottom Brackets Demystified
- The Downsides of Wide Tires
- TPI and Tire Performance
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
Author Archives: Jan Heine, Editor, Bicycle Quarterly
When we started to publish Bicycle Quarterly 15 years ago, it seemed that most of the technical aspects of bicycles were well-established. And yet, as we tested many different bikes, we started to question many of the things we had … Continue reading
All of us at Compass Cycles and Bicycle Quarterly wish you a Happy New Year and many great rides for 2018.
“What? I have to wait three months for another Bicycle Quarterly?” In various forms, we hear this comment quite often. New subscribers enjoy their first issue, and they want more. Yet as a quarterly publication, BQ appears only every three … Continue reading
All of us at Compass Cycles and Bicycle Quarterly wish you Happy Holidays!
This autumn, Andrew Mathias rode around the entire coastline of Britain in one setting. Many of us followed his beautiful journey on Instagram. Now I had the opportunity to interview Andrew about his epic journey. JH: Congratulations on riding around … Continue reading
At Compass Cycles, we have taken much of our inspiration from René Herse and his legendary bikes. In the past, we’ve talked about the great performance and incredible reliability of Herse’s bikes, but what is even more striking is their … Continue reading