- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- Enjoy summer while it lasts! #Repost @jmv5938 #compasstires #cyclades #3texploro #bikepackingWe used to say that our taillights were made right here in Seattle, but now @duncancycles has moved to CA. He’s still building out lights - here’s another batch almost completed. #compasstaillight #madeinusa #generatorhub#Repost (@jonahonabike): Ultra racing is a stream of consciousness. #transcontinentalrace #tcrno6 #tcrno6cap81 #compasstires
Top Posts & Pages
- Myth 13: Leaning without Countersteering
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- The Trouble with 'Road Tubeless'
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
- Myth 12: Disc Brakes Work Better Than Rim Brakes
- Which Hand for which Brake?
- Myth 7: Tubeless Tires Roll Faster
- Myth 5: An Upright Position is Always More Comfortable
- Tire Width: how much difference do a few millimeters make?
Author Archives: Jan Heine, Editor, Bicycle Quarterly
Road.cc tested another Compass tire. After the Barlow Pass and the Steilacoom dual-purpose knobbies, they had a go with the Switchback Hill 650B x 48 Extralights. This time, they used a different tester, Dave Atkinson. He liked the tires just … Continue reading
To celebrate Bicycle Quarterly‘s 15th anniversary, we are looking at myths in cycling: things we used to believe, but which we’ve since found not to be true. Disc brakes have become popular on allroad bikes for a variety of reasons. One … Continue reading
The Compass Swift Campout photo contest has been a huge success with almost 500 entries! With so many amazing photos, it was impossible to select just 8 finalists, so we finally settled on 10. We selected photos that show different aspects … Continue reading
High-performance bicycles have changed tremendously in recent years. As one manufacturer said at last year’s Interbike: “In the past, everybody asked how much your bike weighed. Now all they want to know is how wide a tire it fits.” Wide … Continue reading
The Summer 2018 Bicycle Quarterly is off the press and will be mailed to subscribers soon. To cap our 15th anniversary year, we’ve put together a 112-page edition filled with truly remarkable stories. In our biggest adventure yet, we traversed … Continue reading
At Compass, we see little point in replicating what you already can buy from others. When we made our first knobby tires, we wanted true dual-purpose tires. Could the new knobbies match the on-pavement of good road tires, yet grip … Continue reading