- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- #Repost (@donalrey): All in the details. Leather bar tape by @berthoud_cycles and 😜 corkscrew c/o @jonnyheadphonesWhen we tested this Tournesol way back in 2006 for @bikequarterly, we titled the article “Road Bike of the Future” and coined the term ‘Allroad Bike’ for road bikes with wide tires. Little did we know that this would become a movement that is changing cycling as we know it. Read the full story on the blog (link in bio). #650B #allroadbike@iamtedking has been testing #compasstires. Even a #dirtykanza and #grinduro winner can use a little extra speed and comfort. #repost #coastride #renehersetires
Top Posts & Pages
- All-Road Bikes are the Road Bikes of the Future
- Myth 12: Disc Brakes Work Better Than Rim Brakes
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- The Trouble with 'Road Tubeless'
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
- Why We Choose Steel Bikes
- Handlebars: Wide vs. Narrow
- Bon Jon Pass Review: "An Exceptional Tyre"
- Myth 2: Titanium is Lighter than Steel
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
Monthly Archives: December 2017
“What? I have to wait three months for another Bicycle Quarterly?” In various forms, we hear this comment quite often. New subscribers enjoy their first issue, and they want more. Yet as a quarterly publication, BQ appears only every three … Continue reading
All of us at Compass Cycles and Bicycle Quarterly wish you Happy Holidays!
This autumn, Andrew Mathias rode around the entire coastline of Britain in one setting. Many of us followed his beautiful journey on Instagram. Now I had the opportunity to interview Andrew about his epic journey. JH: Congratulations on riding around … Continue reading
At Compass Cycles, we have taken much of our inspiration from René Herse and his legendary bikes. In the past, we’ve talked about the great performance and incredible reliability of Herse’s bikes, but what is even more striking is their … Continue reading
We are excited to announce the latest SON generator hubs. The biggest news is the connector-less SL system for thru-axle hubs: Now you can remove your front wheel and its generator hub without having to disconnect any wires, even with … Continue reading
At Compass, we design our components over thousands of miles on the (often rough) roads we ride, so we have full confidence that others will enjoy them as much as we do. Still, we were pleasantly surprised when the world’s … Continue reading