- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- After 30 hours, 300 miles and multiple mountain passes, we’re back in civilization (and cell range). Many photos to sort and stories to tell. #allroadbike @wherethepavementends @smeltzerbikes #compasstiresTransport stage done, now we head into the mountains. #wherethepavementends #goldenhour #allroadbikeHeading south once more, but not to Portland this time. Looking forward to adventure on the latest - and still secret - #bqtestbikes. #allroadbike
Top Posts & Pages
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- Myth 12: Disc Brakes Work Better Than Rim Brakes
- The Trouble with 'Road Tubeless'
- BQ Skills: Ghost Riding
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
- Which Hand for which Brake?
- Why We Choose Steel Bikes
- Tire Width: how much difference do a few millimeters make?
- Myth 7: Tubeless Tires Roll Faster
Monthly Archives: November 2017
The new René Herse cantilever brakes are here! Prototypes of these brakes were one of the secrets that made Peter Weigle’s bike at this year’s Concours de Machines so light. They weigh just 75 g per wheel including bolts, springs … Continue reading
During the second day of our recent cyclotouring trip to the Aizu mountains in northern Japan, we embarked on a little adventure to discover the ‘Forgotten Pass.’ In the evening of the first day, we climbed a small mountain pass, … Continue reading
At Compass Cycles, we’ve been excited to see interest in our components grow all over the world. We now work with more than 500 bike shops, as well as a number of international distributors. However, some components are difficult for … Continue reading
During a recent trip to Japan, we went on a short trip to the Aizu mountains in northern Honshu (Japan’s main island). It was a beautiful day, and the famous kouyou (‘autumn red leaves’) were at their best. Like most rides … Continue reading
Compass Cycles is introducing the first-ever 11-speed-compatible René Herse cranks and chainrings. And the first-ever René Herse chainrings with ramps and pins. These are not just any ramps and pins: They’re carefully engineered to shift as well as the best cranks … Continue reading
In addition to individual Kaisei tubes, Compass Cycles offers three tubesets: Superlight, ‘Mule’ and Oversize. Each tubeset is based on bikes that we have found to work extremely well. After describing the Superlight set, today we’ll look at the Mule. … Continue reading