- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- Beautiful 650B randonneur bike from @patriktegner #repost #kaiseitubing #reneherse #compasstires #sonwidebody“My advice would be to skip a few sizes and fit a pair of these, if you can. They’re great!” Check out the full road.cc review via the blog (link in bio). #compasstires #switchbackhill#Repost (@abovecategory): Gravel is calling. #compasstires
Top Posts & Pages
- Road.cc Reviews the Compass Switchback Hill
- Myth 12: Disc Brakes Work Better Than Rim Brakes
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- The Trouble with 'Road Tubeless'
- Which Hand for which Brake?
- Myth 5: An Upright Position is Always More Comfortable
- Tire Width: how much difference do a few millimeters make?
- Myth 7: Tubeless Tires Roll Faster
Monthly Archives: September 2016
A few months ago, Bicycle Retailer and Industry News (BRAIN) ran a feature on Compass Bicycles. It drove home a point that I hadn’t really thought much about: Compass is a different kind of bike company. BRAIN quoted Elton-Pope Lance about Harris Cyclery’s … Continue reading
My schedule in Japan is busy, but I really wanted to go for a ride in the mountains. “Why don’t you ride to Utsukushigahara?” suggested Natsuko. “It even has some gravel.” So on Saturday morning, I joined hundreds of hikers and cyclists … Continue reading
Compass Cycles is re-introducing the René Herse rear cable hanger. I have loved these simple, lightweight, elegant cable hangers – so much that I made my own when I built my Mule. There are many ways to design a rear … Continue reading
Bicycle Quarterly hasn’t really covered recumbents much. It’s not that we aren’t interested, it just seems difficult to do such totally different machines justice. And yet recumbents are a perfect fit with Bicycle Quarterly‘s research into the history of cyclotouring. During … Continue reading
Compass Cycles is introducing two new models to its tire line. We’ve had many requests for 700C and 26″ versions of our iconic 650B Babyshoe Pass tires. Here they are! We’ve added 2 mm to the width, because we found that … Continue reading
Congratulations to Andreas Behrens of LaFraise Cycles for completing the amazing Transcontinental Race. Riding unsupported for almost 2,400 miles (3900 km) over a course that traversed all of Europe, Andreas completed the non-stop race in 15 days and 12 hours. The course … Continue reading