- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- #Repost (@spinneyvt): Got these amazing tires mounted up @compasscycle Really impressed. Cushy, tacky and fast rolling #quiverkiller #openbike #compasscycles#Repost (@elyasmina75): Le sacre du printemps. #compasstiresDream bikes roll on #compasstires. This custom #BreadwinnerBRoad is shown with 700C x 38 Barlow Pass allroad tires. Spoon on some dual-purpose Steilacoom knobbies if you’re heading into muddy or snowy terrain. #Repost @breadwinnercycles Photo by @jjkracing
Top Posts & Pages
- Myth 10: Stiffer Forks Steer Better
- Which Hand for which Brake?
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
- The Trouble with 'Road Tubeless'
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
- Tire Width: how much difference do a few millimeters make?
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- Myth 9: Fork Blades Don't Flex
- Bottom Brackets Demystified
- Why We Choose Steel Bikes
Monthly Archives: July 2015
Paris-Brest-Paris is less than three weeks away. If you are riding in the 1200 km ride, you already have qualified and trained. You will have thought about your equipment and tried any changes that you may want to make. Your … Continue reading
For our Compass centerpull brakes, we started with a design that had proven itself in decades of hard use: the Mafac Raid brakes. In fact, we had logged tens of thousands of miles on our own bikes with these brakes. … Continue reading
Theo is the ride organizer of an upcoming Seattle International Randonneurs 400 km brevet. So a week ago, Theo, Hahn and Ryan of the Bicycle Quarterly team pre-rode the course, to make sure that the cue sheet is correct, that … Continue reading
Inner tubes often seem like generic commodities. One is as good as the next – so buy the cheapest one… I used to think that, too, until I started to see split seams, valves separating from the tube, and other … Continue reading