- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- Can you build an #allroadbike around our Antelope Hill 700C x 55 tires? The @crustbikes Nor’Easter answers that question! #repost 📷@hopecyclery #compasstiresOver in Norway, @nfekjar runs #compasstires Steilacoom dual-purpose knobbied on his @ibiscycles #hakkalügidisc. Looks like fun! #repostStunning as always - both @jpweigle’s bike and @hopecyclery’s photography. If you missed this and the other awesome bikes at the #phillybikeexpo, head over to @theradavist to see more! #repost #renehersecrank #compasstires #compasshandlebars
Top Posts & Pages
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- The Trouble with 'Road Tubeless'
- Myth 12: Disc Brakes Work Better Than Rim Brakes
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
- Which Hand for which Brake?
- New Curved Stays and OS Bottom Bracket Shells
- Making Strong and Durable Wheels
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
- Why We Choose Steel Bikes
- Myth 5: An Upright Position is Always More Comfortable
Monthly Archives: November 2014
We are excited to add two new books to the Bicycle Quarterly bookstore. One is a lovely little book with photos of racers from the 1920s and 1930s. Whether you are interested in racing or historic photos, Goggles & Dust … Continue reading
This week I am working on writing articles based on our recent adventures in Japan, while they still are fresh in my memory. And while cycling to 1200-year-old Onsen hot springs during a typhoon certainly was memorable, I was reminded … Continue reading
Can a 650B randonneur bike climb as well as the best titanium racing bikes? It did climb as well in a Bicycle Quarterly test, and that raised a few eyebrows. After all, the randonneur bike weighed 10 pounds more… Theoretically, … Continue reading
Last week, I asked readers to guess how much mud my cyclocross bike carried at the end of a recent race. The answers varied greatly. Clearly, the mud around the bottom bracket and chainstays looked impressive, and some thought it … Continue reading
For me, cyclocross is the most fun you can on a bike in less than an hour! I don’t care much for racing any longer, but ‘cross is a different matter. Cyclocross is a very technical sport, where leg power … Continue reading