- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- #Repost (@spinneyvt): Got these amazing tires mounted up @compasscycle Really impressed. Cushy, tacky and fast rolling #quiverkiller #openbike #compasscycles#Repost (@elyasmina75): Le sacre du printemps. #compasstiresDream bikes roll on #compasstires. This custom #BreadwinnerBRoad is shown with 700C x 38 Barlow Pass allroad tires. Spoon on some dual-purpose Steilacoom knobbies if you’re heading into muddy or snowy terrain. #Repost @breadwinnercycles Photo by @jjkracing
Top Posts & Pages
- Myth 10: Stiffer Forks Steer Better
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
- Which Hand for which Brake?
- The Trouble with 'Road Tubeless'
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
- Tire Width: how much difference do a few millimeters make?
- Myth 9: Fork Blades Don't Flex
- Bottom Brackets Demystified
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- Why We Choose Steel Bikes
Monthly Archives: August 2014
The Autumn 2014 issue of Bicycle Quarterly is at the printer. It will be mailed soon. We are excited to share a variety of topics with our readers. The Oregon Outback was an exciting gravel event, and we bring you … Continue reading
Testing bicycles may sound like a dream job – you get to ride all kinds of bicycles without having to pay for them – but it comes with risks. We ride the bikes hard, although we don’t abuse them. We … Continue reading
Eric Hayes is the craftsman who polishes our René Herse cranks, locally on the outskirts of Seattle. These days, most bike parts are black, and few in the bike industry still have the skills to polish metal without grinding off … Continue reading
During a recent family vacation on the Big Island of Hawaii, we did plenty of snorkeling and hiking, with a bit of surfing, and otherwise enjoyed the beaches. For me, the mountainous island presented the opportunity to explore a new … Continue reading