- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- #Repost (@spinneyvt): Got these amazing tires mounted up @compasscycle Really impressed. Cushy, tacky and fast rolling #quiverkiller #openbike #compasscycles#Repost (@elyasmina75): Le sacre du printemps. #compasstiresDream bikes roll on #compasstires. This custom #BreadwinnerBRoad is shown with 700C x 38 Barlow Pass allroad tires. Spoon on some dual-purpose Steilacoom knobbies if you’re heading into muddy or snowy terrain. #Repost @breadwinnercycles Photo by @jjkracing
Top Posts & Pages
- Myth 10: Stiffer Forks Steer Better
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
- Which Hand for which Brake?
- The Trouble with 'Road Tubeless'
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
- Tire Width: how much difference do a few millimeters make?
- Myth 9: Fork Blades Don't Flex
- Bottom Brackets Demystified
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- Why We Choose Steel Bikes
Monthly Archives: February 2014
I usually ride with friends; it’s great fun to enjoy a wonderful ride together, to share the experience, and to pass the time with animated conversations. I’m disappointed when the scheduling does not work out, when no one can make … Continue reading
Compass Bicycles Ltd. introduces a full line of high-performance tires in both 700C and 650B sizes. The narrower 700C tires are a great way to transform the performance and comfort of a racing bike. The wider 700C tires, especially the … Continue reading
When building my René Herse randonneur bike, I was unable to find a taillight that combined the functions I needed along with a classic appearance. I ended up making my own taillight. Now this light is available from Compass Bicycles … Continue reading
Last weekend, we took our children and their friends on a trip. Our car is too small to hold all of them, so my son and I decided to use a combination of train and bike to get to the … Continue reading
Quite a few readers have asked about winter clothing. Most of all, they seem surprised that I don’t wear windbreakers or shells unless it is very cold (way below freezing) or raining very hard. What is the best clothing for … Continue reading