- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- Head over to @bikequarterly to win a copy of the current Bicycle Quarterly for yourself and a friend! #bqgiveawayRoar into the weekend like @simonkirscher on his Rene Herse 700C x 38 Steilacoom dual-purpose knobbies. #repost #allroadbike #renehersetires#Repost (@keving_63): Mixed surface ride today. The @seven_cycles Evergreen SL and its #renehersetires take it all in its stride. #allroadbike
Top Posts & Pages
- Myth 12: Disc Brakes Work Better Than Rim Brakes
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- The Trouble with 'Road Tubeless'
- Welcome to Rene Herse Cycles!
- Why We Choose Steel Bikes
- Tire Width: how much difference do a few millimeters make?
- Handlebars: Wide vs. Narrow
- Which Hand for which Brake?
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
Monthly Archives: September 2013
Suspension losses cause a significant resistance when riding your bike. We knew this from our testing, but it was illustrated in a powerful way during a 300 km brevet a few years ago. My friend Ryan and I rode in … Continue reading
Compass Bicycles now offers the Grand Bois freewheel hubs for 120 mm rear spacing, with 5- and 6-speed cassettes. That’s good news for those of you with older bikes that you want to ride more often. There are many wonderful … Continue reading
Returning to Paris after a trip to the Alps, there was an e-mail from Olivier Csuka of Cycles Alex Singer: “We will meet tomorrow at 7 at the boutique. About 150 km.” I set my alarm, and in the first … Continue reading
Whew! The Autumn 2013 Bicycle Quarterly is at the printer. The team hears me complain about how much work it can take to publish a magazine, but they seem to cheer up when I have my moment of “This really … Continue reading