- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- Stylin’ rando machine from @gallusdude features #compasstaillight, #renehersebrakes and #compasstires. #repost#Repost (@gutehall): Time to roll out. #compasstires#Repost (@spinneyvt): Got these amazing tires mounted up @compasscycle Really impressed. Cushy, tacky and fast rolling #quiverkiller #openbike #compasscycles
Top Posts & Pages
- Which Hand for which Brake?
- Myth 10: Stiffer Forks Steer Better
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
- The Trouble with 'Road Tubeless'
- Tire Width: how much difference do a few millimeters make?
- Why We Choose Steel Bikes
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- Bottom Brackets Demystified
- Myth 9: Fork Blades Don't Flex
Monthly Archives: September 2013
Suspension losses cause a significant resistance when riding your bike. We knew this from our testing, but it was illustrated in a powerful way during a 300 km brevet a few years ago. My friend Ryan and I rode in … Continue reading
Compass Bicycles now offers the Grand Bois freewheel hubs for 120 mm rear spacing, with 5- and 6-speed cassettes. That’s good news for those of you with older bikes that you want to ride more often. There are many wonderful … Continue reading
Returning to Paris after a trip to the Alps, there was an e-mail from Olivier Csuka of Cycles Alex Singer: “We will meet tomorrow at 7 at the boutique. About 150 km.” I set my alarm, and in the first … Continue reading
Whew! The Autumn 2013 Bicycle Quarterly is at the printer. The team hears me complain about how much work it can take to publish a magazine, but they seem to cheer up when I have my moment of “This really … Continue reading