- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- #Repost (@spinneyvt): Got these amazing tires mounted up @compasscycle Really impressed. Cushy, tacky and fast rolling #quiverkiller #openbike #compasscycles#Repost (@elyasmina75): Le sacre du printemps. #compasstiresDream bikes roll on #compasstires. This custom #BreadwinnerBRoad is shown with 700C x 38 Barlow Pass allroad tires. Spoon on some dual-purpose Steilacoom knobbies if you’re heading into muddy or snowy terrain. #Repost @breadwinnercycles Photo by @jjkracing
Top Posts & Pages
- Myth 10: Stiffer Forks Steer Better
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
- Which Hand for which Brake?
- The Trouble with 'Road Tubeless'
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
- Tire Width: how much difference do a few millimeters make?
- Myth 9: Fork Blades Don't Flex
- Bottom Brackets Demystified
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- Why We Choose Steel Bikes
Monthly Archives: March 2013
Mark and I were signed up to do the Seattle Randonneur’s 300 km brevet last weekend. A few days before the brevet, it snowed, and the organizers decided to play it safe and cancel the brevet. Mark and I decided … Continue reading
Triple cranks are a good choice for some riders. The most common shifting system for triple cranks, Shimano’s STI, only works with Shimano chainrings. Unfortunately, Shimano’s chainring combinations are of limited use to most riders. If you want to customize … Continue reading
The Flèche 24-hour team ride is my favorite highlight of the early randonneuring season. We are planning our ride right now – the event usually is held around Easter. We hope to inspire you to join a Flèche team as … Continue reading
Our readers eagerly anticipate each issue of Bicycle Quarterly. The wait is almost over: The Spring 2013 issue will be mailed this week. Many of us want to know: What makes your bike significantly faster? Perhaps the most influential research … Continue reading
Every spring as we head into the mountains again, it is exciting to rediscover the roads that we love. For us, each season has its particular routes. The spring rides are some of our favorites. Heading to Index for the … Continue reading
Many cyclists want to ride on wider tires, but are limited by the clearances of their bikes. So they want to use the widest tires their bike can fit. How do you determine your bike’s maximum tire width? You need … Continue reading