- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- After 30 hours, 300 miles and multiple mountain passes, we’re back in civilization (and cell range). Many photos to sort and stories to tell. #allroadbike @wherethepavementends @smeltzerbikes #compasstiresTransport stage done, now we head into the mountains. #wherethepavementends #goldenhour #allroadbikeHeading south once more, but not to Portland this time. Looking forward to adventure on the latest - and still secret - #bqtestbikes. #allroadbike
Top Posts & Pages
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- Myth 12: Disc Brakes Work Better Than Rim Brakes
- The Trouble with 'Road Tubeless'
- BQ Skills: Ghost Riding
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
- Which Hand for which Brake?
- Why We Choose Steel Bikes
- Tire Width: how much difference do a few millimeters make?
- Myth 7: Tubeless Tires Roll Faster
Monthly Archives: September 2012
During our pre-riding the planned route for the Seattle International Randonneur’s “Mountain 600 km Brevet,” we realized that it was not safe to have riders descend from Windy Ridge at night. It would be too cold, and the road has … Continue reading
The Autumn 2012 issue of Bicycle Quarterly will be mailed next week. This issue celebrates 10 years of the magazine. That’s right: Ten years ago, the first issue of what was then Vintage Bicycle Quarterly was mailed. It’s been a … Continue reading
Yesterday morning, I got a phone call: “Gerolf here. I am in Seattle.” Gerolf Meyer is one of the people behind the German magazine Fahrstil, for which I had written a few articles in the past. I knew that he … Continue reading
Sometimes I am surprised by how much I am charged for shipping when I order things. When a company obviously charges more than it costs to ship the order, I feel taken advantage of. At Compass Bicycles, we only charge … Continue reading
There are two common yet different approaches to testing products: You can compare design specifics. For example, you test hybrid bikes with disc brakes. Or in the car world, mid-size SUVs. You figure out which company makes the best one … Continue reading