- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- Head over to @bikequarterly to win a copy of the current Bicycle Quarterly for yourself and a friend! #bqgiveawayRoar into the weekend like @simonkirscher on his Rene Herse 700C x 38 Steilacoom dual-purpose knobbies. #repost #allroadbike #renehersetires#Repost (@keving_63): Mixed surface ride today. The @seven_cycles Evergreen SL and its #renehersetires take it all in its stride. #allroadbike
Top Posts & Pages
- Myth 12: Disc Brakes Work Better Than Rim Brakes
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- The Trouble with 'Road Tubeless'
- Welcome to Rene Herse Cycles!
- Why We Choose Steel Bikes
- Tire Width: how much difference do a few millimeters make?
- Handlebars: Wide vs. Narrow
- Which Hand for which Brake?
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
Monthly Archives: January 2012
Since we have published a post about “The Dangers of Narrow Tires,” it is only fair that we look at the other side of the coin. What are the disadvantages (or even dangers?) of wider tires? I can think of … Continue reading
When I started researching the history of René Herse more than a decade ago, I never thought I would end up buying the company! During my research, I talked to riders on Herse’s team and people who had known René … Continue reading
For me, November and most of December are rest months. That doesn’t mean that I don’t ride my bike – I use my bike for daily transportation – but there isn’t any “training” on the bike. I worked on my … Continue reading
Inserting a handlebar into a classic stem requires a few simple tricks. Grand Bois stems are based on classic stems, and are not equipped with removable faceplates that can make installation easier. Classic stems have a number of advantages that … Continue reading
As Seattle is receiving a dusting of snow, I received this wonderful photo of Bicycle Quarterly contributor Tim Bird (“A Day Out in the Yorkshire Dales”).
It often is surprising that high-end components cost not just a little more, but several times as much as budget components. For example, the high-end Sugino cranks (above right) cost more than three times as much as the budget model … Continue reading
Edelux headlights for a hanging attachment are now available. The hanging attachment allows mounting them more securely underneath a front rack. Most German bikes mount their lights above the fork crown (below). That is how most headlights are designed, including … Continue reading