The Bicycle Quarterly charity drive was a success. Together with our readers, we raised almost $2000 for charity. Thank you to all who contributed.
- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- On the blog today: How long do #compasstires last? How do you know when they’re worn? (Link in bio.)Last stop for the night at the Longmire lodge on Mount Rainier. Ahead: four mountain passes before the sun rises. Night rides in the mountains are a unique experience. We sense the immensity of the landscape without seeing it. We feel the climbs unfiltered, only in our legs. Our focus on the curves of the descents is absolute. And we’ve got the mountains all to ourselves. #allroadbike #bqtestbikesChinook Pass separates western and eastern Washington. Little did we know that meant a drop in temperature from 42 to 22 degrees F (+5 to -5 C) just minutes into the hour-long descent. We were happy when we turned uphill again to climb Naches Pass. The moon-lit landscape was beautiful, but rarely have we welcomed the raising sun with such gratitude! 📷@wherethepavementends #allroadbike
Top Posts & Pages
- How Long Do Compass Tires Last?
- The Trouble with 'Road Tubeless'
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- Myth 12: Disc Brakes Work Better Than Rim Brakes
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
- BQ Skills: Ghost Riding
- Which Hand for which Brake?
- Tire Width: how much difference do a few millimeters make?
- Myth 7: Tubeless Tires Roll Faster