- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- Last weekend at @veloberlin: Beautiful bike by @meerglas in the booth of @dailybreadcycles, German distributor of @compasscycle. #handmadeinberlinThe latest Ti-Carbon dream bike from @fireflybicycles rolls on #compasstires. #repostOn the blog today: wide vs. narrow handlebars. Which ones you choose depends on many factors. (Link in bio.)
Top Posts & Pages
- Handlebars: Wide vs. Narrow
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
- The Trouble with "Road Tubeless"
- Which Hand for which Brake?
- Why Handlebar Shapes Are Important
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- Tire Width: how much difference do a few millimeters make?
- Handlebar Width
- Compass Introduces Quintuple Cranks
Monthly Archives: August 2011
It is unfortunate that most “road” and even “hybrid” bikes are sold with tires so narrow that you cannot cross streetcar tracks at an oblique angle without risking a fall. The Seattle Times reported recently about a rail line that … Continue reading
I enjoy returning to Paris to ride the Paris-Brest-Paris event. Paris is a place steeped in cyclotouring history. Several of us met in front of Notre Dame to ride to the start for the bike check; this is where the … Continue reading
We get many letters and e-mails. We read them all, but we cannot reply to each and every one. We select a few for inclusion to Bicycle Quarterly “Readers’ Forum” pages. How do we select these letters? To be published, … Continue reading
It’s amazing to me that the big picture often gets overlooked. I am not talking about willful distortion, but about well-intentioned people looking at only one part of the equation in an attempt to arrive at a good but simple … Continue reading
For those staying in Paris before PBP, here is a bike route from the Arc de Triomphe to the start in Saint Quentin-en-Yvelines. The route is easy to follow, yet it doesn’t see a lot of traffic. There is a … Continue reading
Compass Bicycles is introducing our new Compass 26″ x 1.75″ tires (42 – 559 mm). Many readers and customers have asked for a 26″ version of the much-loved Grand Bois Hetre 650B tires. This would allow riders of mountain bikes, … Continue reading