- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- Can you build an #allroadbike around our Antelope Hill 700C x 55 tires? The @crustbikes Nor’Easter answers that question! #repost 📷@hopecyclery #compasstiresOver in Norway, @nfekjar runs #compasstires Steilacoom dual-purpose knobbied on his @ibiscycles #hakkalügidisc. Looks like fun! #repostStunning as always - both @jpweigle’s bike and @hopecyclery’s photography. If you missed this and the other awesome bikes at the #phillybikeexpo, head over to @theradavist to see more! #repost #renehersecrank #compasstires #compasshandlebars
Top Posts & Pages
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- The Trouble with 'Road Tubeless'
- Myth 12: Disc Brakes Work Better Than Rim Brakes
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
- Which Hand for which Brake?
- New Curved Stays and OS Bottom Bracket Shells
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
- Making Strong and Durable Wheels
- Why We Choose Steel Bikes
- Myth 5: An Upright Position is Always More Comfortable
Monthly Archives: June 2011
A little while ago, we talked about how sports cars are equipped with lights and fenders, and nobody thinks they are less sporty for it. Performance bicycles don’t have lights and fenders, because most “weekend warriors” don’t think they need … Continue reading
In the past, we’ve discussed hill intervals and how they make you stronger. They’ve certainly worked for me this spring, as I achieved one of my big goals this year: I completed my Cyclos Montagnards R60 Honors. You get faster … Continue reading
Happy Solstice! This means that summer officially has started, and the Summer issue of Bicycle Quarterly is at the printer. It will be mailed next week. The topics include: Do larger wheels roll faster on bumpy roads than small ones? … Continue reading
Car drivers are lucky: They can buy sports cars that are fully equipped to be driven in the rain and even at night. And their fenders rarely rattle loose, their lights don’t fall off, and most car owners think little … Continue reading
Our friends from Tokyo Fixed in London visited Nitto and took this neat video. In addition to their own products, Nitto makes Grand Bois handlebars and racks. Enjoy!
In recent years, the bike industry has realized that most riders don’t race, and so the racing bike has been renamed: It’s now called a “road bike” or a “performance bike.” In the minds of most cyclists, a performance bike … Continue reading