- Follow Off The Beaten Path on WordPress.com
- Nice sampling of 650B randonneur bikes on a weekend outing in Sweden! Thank you for the 📷@veloform. #compasstires #allroadbike@rguillem0t’s rig is ready to be shipped to Kyrgyzstan for the Silk Road Mountain Race, an unsupported epic over 1700 km of desert tracks in ventral Asia. He’s running #compasstires Pumpkin Ridge dual-purpose knobbies for speed and grip. #srmrno1cap040 #allroadbike@fruitandfibre shows how it’s done on rough, loose gravel - staying off the front brake and riding #compasstires, of course. #repost #allroadbike
Top Posts & Pages
- Myth 13: Leaning without Countersteering
- 12 Myths in Cycling (1): Wider Tires Are Slower
- Tire Pressure Take-Home
- The Trouble with 'Road Tubeless'
- Myth 12: Disc Brakes Work Better Than Rim Brakes
- How Wide a Tire Can I Run?
- Myth 7: Tubeless Tires Roll Faster
- Which Hand for which Brake?
- Myth 2: Titanium is Lighter than Steel
- Myth 5: An Upright Position is Always More Comfortable
Monthly Archives: April 2011
New theoretical research in bicycle stability shows that many parameters interact to make a bicycle stable. No single parameter (e.g.: trail, head angle, wheel size, weight distribution) determines whether a bicycle is stable or not. When one parameter is altered, … Continue reading
We finally got our shipment of Cecilia Vanman’s book Copenhagen – City of Bicycles. You can order your copy here. City of Bicycles is a full-color, hardcover, 196-page book that provides an in-depth look at what makes Copenhagen the most … Continue reading
At Compass Bicycles, we carry products we value, even if we don’t expect them to be very profitable. The Iribe bottle cage is a case in point. On the face of it, $ 150 for a bottle cage is a … Continue reading
For an article in Adventure Cyclist, I needed a photo on braking technique, so my children and I went to a steep hill in Discovery Park. They rode up and down the hill while I snapped photos. Even though the … Continue reading
The book Smart Move is now out of print. We have a few copies with slightly bumped corners, which are for sale at 20% off the normal price: $ 68. Once they are gone, there will be no more. (Update: … Continue reading
In this series, we have explored how our preferences changed from mid-trail geometries, 700C x 28 mm tires and saddlebags to low-trail 650B bikes with much wider tires and handlebar bags. What will come next? Will we soon ride fully-faired carbon … Continue reading